Support an agented portfolio whereby SMBC is a Lender in a syndicate agented by another bank. in the Credit Administrative & Lending Limit control Department in the Middle/Back Office. Support a portfolio of new or amended deals, ability to read and interpret credit agreements, support software processes, has an understanding of Loan IQ, and can communicate via telephone with a variety of people including customers, banks, and client executives.
Job will sit in NYC and relocate to White Plains, NY. Must have commercial loan experience and documentation.
Essential Functions: (Deal Closing - White Plains)
Complete coordination, review, and system (LIQ) input of assigned new deals and amendments
Ensure banks books accurately reflect the intentions of the credit agreement and credit approval
Accurately process new drawdowns, paydowns, LC activities and fees for syndicated deals.
Provide our lending services to our customers and maintain accurate data.
Ensure All open documentation issues are reported, followed up on, and ultimately collected.
Coordinate daily closings with front office and Supervisor for managed portfolio.
Complete assigned projects generally to address work-flow or business related matters
Adhere to internal and external regulatory policies and procedures
· Interpret credit agreements and related documentation
· Experienced in varieties of loan servicing including all aspects of funding
· Follow instructions very well; detail-oriented
· Understand all aspects of deal/loan administration functions and tasks
· System Responsibilities
· Use of LIQ preferred, but not required, or like loan system
· Construct and amend bilateral and syndicated deal structures
· Trouble-shoot basic loan related functional problems/issues
Preferred Previous Work Experience:
· Minimum of 2-3 years of experience in loan administration and managing bilateral and syndicated deals
· Project management skills
· Highly organized approach in meeting job requirements
· Follows instructions very well; detail-oriented
· Team-oriented; willingness back-up and cross-train on all departmental functions
· Strong communication, both orally and in writing
· Experienced in effective communication with external and internal customers; has experience interfacing with relationship managers, customers, and other related departments
· Four-year college degree with a minimum of 2-3 years in banking
· Strong knowledge of LIQ preferred, but not required.
Other Skills, Abilities and/or Training:
· Strong or expert knowledge of MS Excel and MS Word