Regional responsibilities for extablishing, maintaining, and stregthening relationships with existing and prospective customers. Contribute to the business relationships by initiating, negotiating, and finalizing lease agreements with SMBC Rail Services customers. This position reports into the Head of Commercial Sales.
-Establish and enhance relationships with new and existing customers in assigned regions.
- Propose and negotiate lease terms and conditions with existing and potential customers.
- Attend industry events to generate opportunities, develop market intelligence and improve understanding of market trends.
- Communicate with customers regarding questions on lease terms, invoice and overall understanding of SMBC Rail Services procedures.
- Understand and communicate rail equipment characteristics through research and market trends.
-In-depth knowledge of the North American rail industry and those who use it; extensive knowledge of railcar types and their commodity application.
- Understanding of operating lease terms and conditions and the economic impact of variations in terms.
- Strong ability to negotiate contract terms at a high level required.
- Creative problem solver while protecting the assets and interests of SMBC Rail Seervices.
- Excellent sales ability with a focus on long term relationship building.
- Excellent communication skills both written and oral.
- Strong computer skills including SalesForce
5 to 7 years of relevant experience
Strong knowledge of the Rail sector and ability ot discuss market dynamics