SMBC's LADA Corporate Finance Group is looking for a bilingual Spanish Analyst to provide analytical and administrative support to the senior members and marketing officers of the LADA Corporate Finance team. The Analyst will support associates and senior level officers in preparing credit applications, conducting regular credit reviews of the borrowers in the portfolio, providing research and analytics, assisting senior members in New York and marketing staff in LADA rep offices in preparing marketing materials and other administrative tasks as required. This position reports to the Group Head of Corporate Finance.
1. Conduct analysis and research on the performance of borrowers to assess historical performance and future projections; i.e. projected model grade, M&A pro-forma analysis, cash flow analysis.
2. Gather support documentation to structure deals, liaise with middle and back office for KYC purposes, and assist in drafting pre consultation memos for the Credit Department.
3. Conduct reviews of the borrowers and handle a variety of system and procedural issues related to the borrowers such as KYC, internal grading, periodic reporting items, and other ad hoc projects.
4. Assist with credit applications, amendments, deal closings and funding, and other credit events that may impact the borrower.
5. Support in the preparation of client materials (presentations, proposals, RFPs, term sheets, etc.)
6. Undertake research and analytics related to specific sectors, regions, large corporate groups or individual companies, and stay abreast of current market conditions.
7. Provide ad hoc reports for management.
- Minimum of 1-2 years of comparable or relevant experience working at a corporate bank or other financial institution.
- BA or BS required (or equivalent experience)
- Fluent in English, Spanish and/or Portuguese.
- Formal credit training a plus
- Buisness fluent in Spanish and English. Portuguese a plus.
- Proficient in MS Office Suite - Word, Excel, PowerPoint; familiar with Bloomberg.
- Proficiency in Excel includes the ability to manipulate data, equations and analysis. Some experience creating financial models.
- Strong accounting skills with an ability to read and interpret financial statements and perform cash flow analysis proficiently.
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills, ability to synthesize large amounts of information, analyze risk and identify mitigating factors.
- Able to quickly learn and adapt to internal policies, processes, grading and other systems.
- Able to work well in a culturally diverse and team oriented environment.
- Demonstrates intellectual curiosity and an interest in continuous learning.
- Highly collaborative and flexible in a team and client environment and ability to form good relationships internally and externally.
- Able to coordinate and communicate with various internal departments across the bank (middle/back office, global counterparts).
- Organizes thoughts and clearly articulates points, both verbally and in writing, to management or other internal departments; i.e.. ability to summarize and explain transactions.
- Demonstrates a high degree of attention to detail and an ability to complete work accurately and in a timely manner against strict deadlines.
- Self-driven and motivated; takes personal ownership of specific assignments.
- Able to raise flags and/or consult with senior members as appropriate.