JRI America, Inc., ("JRI-A"), is a subsidiary of the Japanese IT financial services company, Japan Research Institute Ltd ("JRI"), which is the specialist IT subsidiary of Sumitomo Mitsui Financial Group ("SMFG"). SMFG which owns Japan's second-largest bank, Sumitomo Mitsui Banking Corporation ("SMBC") by asset size and a Fortune Global 200 company offers a broad range of financial services, primarily banking-related. The group is also engaged in leasing, securities, credit cards, mortgage securitization, venture capital and other credit related businesses and employs over 60,000 people worldwide and has a stated strategic objective of further global expansion. JRI-A provides information technology services in the Western Hemisphere (including the Americas, Europe, Middle East and Africa) that support the Group’s operations.
The Applications Systems Specialist supports the compliance applications, systems and services that ensure the bank meets all of its legal and regulatory responsibilities and obligations in connection with Know Your Customer (KYC), Anti-Money Laundering (AML) and fraud detection and prevention efforts.
This role is fully knowledgeable on the functionality of Fircosoft Sanctions filtering software and collaborates with the Senior Business Analysts by providing daily updates of new sanctions lists, system upgrades and on-call user support.
The Specialist’s job is primarily transaction focused with a strong tactical core that requires, exercising discretion and independent judgment to resolve challenges and achieve the business teams’ goals
· Plan, design, develop/implement code/configuration for Sanction screening application
· Perform analysis to determine and verify business requirements/issues specification, flows and deliverables for projects
· Research and evaluate alternative solutions and make/implement recommendations
· Prepare essential documentation to define requirements, test plans, analysis
· Perform Production support for Compliance applications; Troubleshoot issues in all the environments and perform root cause analysis
· Maintain high customer satisfaction through the delivery of high quality, timely, SLA and solutions to problems
· Communicate effectively and pro-actively with business users, support teams, vendor, and all stakeholders
· Multi-task and work on multiple projects with varying priorities and deadlines
· Create and execute test cases and scripts for testing of changes and releases
· Upgrade system software working in conjunction with users
· Monitor and provide application support for LVI for the download and upload of the Dow Jones Factiva list.
· Create daily update list of exceptions and new sanctions.
· Generate exceptions lists and rules in consultation with compliance staff as well as other team members.
· Perform system debugging tasks
· Investigate system issues with the filtering engine, online filter and other system components.
· Provide on call support on a rotating basis.
· Document and maintain functional requirements and process system flows
• Proven hands-on experience with Sanction Screening - Fircosoft
• Demonstrated experience with IT development, system design & integration and data analysis
• Experience in development, customization and implementation of Fircosoft Sanctions screening; Creation, update and implementation of Sanction & Exception List and Rules
• Ability to independently manage, organize and prioritize multiple tasks, projects and responsibilities; Ensure functionality of product meets with business requirements and expectations
• Well-developed research and analytical skills with good problem solving and lateral thinking ability; Analysis of existing applications to identify weakness and develop opportunities for improvements
• Team-oriented, must be self-motivated, plan and manage time effectively, and be customer focused
• Flexible and adaptable to new environments. Ability to quickly learn new systems, products and businesses; Proactive and result-oriented
• Experience in UNIX and Windows shell scripting for process automation
• Experience with SQL scripting (Oracle, MS SQL)
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills with ability to articulate concepts and ideas to diverse audiences.
• Detailed, thorough, diligent individual with robust data analysis, customer service and time management skills
• Prior experience in Banking / Financial industry would be preferred
• Experience in waterfall and agile development
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or a related discipline and/or at least seven (7) or more years’ experience in implementing technologies and/or vendor platforms to service the business needs. Strong knowledge and experience with Sanctions screening, AML Surveillance and other compliance functions. Requires extensive knowledge and experience in all facets of software development, IT operations, decision-making, strong judgment, management skills and a considerable aptitude in human relations.
Prior experience in Banking / Financial industry would be preferred.
JRI-A is an equal opportunity employer. We consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, disability, or any other legally protected status.