SMBC's US Corporate Business Department Americas Division (hereafter "USCB") is looking for an Associate level candidate to join its "Credit Middle Team" of Lending Management Group. Within this role, the incumbent will learn the credit methodologies and guidelines for the bank. This role will provide motivated and engaged candidates the opportunities to expand their knowledge of bank and credit products.
(1) Review credit applications & grading reviews and provide guidance to the marketing officers/analysts for:
- Accuracy of data in the obligor/borrower and facility grade monitoring system, including facility detail input
and financial statement input;
- Usage of correct package template;
- Inclusion of all required items and sections;
- Adhere to strict timeline and deadlines.
(2) Control data in the monitoring system to ensure its accuracy, particularly the input into the system made by marketing officers/analysts.
(3) Assit in the operation of the USCB's bi-weekly report database which lists up all the pending monitoring names.
(4) Assist in the operation of the credit alarm database and support the marketing units to comply monitoring requirements in timely manner.
(5) Control and monitor the overdue items (monitoring, facility grading, conditions & instructions, etc.) in SMBC's main monitoring system ("GBR").
- 2 to 3 years relevant experience.
- Successful completion of a formal corporate credit training program is desired.
- Familiarity with corporate financial statement analysis.
- CFA preferred.
- Must be proficient with Microsoft Word and Excel; Access proficiency a plus.
- Strong financial statement analysis skills.
- Strong understanding of SMBC's credit risk grading policies an procedures.
- Basic understanding of various financial products.
- Capability to deal with workload pressure under time constraint.
- Strong writing and general communication skills.
Internal candidates only:
- Knowledge of projected financial & pro forma historical financial grading under M&A or Spin-off scenario, LBO enterprise valusation module and/or project finance grading module a plus.
- Intermediate-level knowlodge of the grade monitoring system, including self-assessment obligor grading module.