A senior equity research analyst will provide comprehensive industry and company coverage for institutional clients. The analyst will cover a group of 15+ stocks including small, mid and large cap companies. Publishing proprietary research views and maintaining financial models and estimates will be integral to the relationship building efforts with internal sales and ECM constituents as well as external buy-side clients. Senior level company managament relationships as well as a strong network of industry contacts will be instrumental in differentiating industry views and recommendations.
Provide industry and financial analysis and expertise on select targeted companies within areas of E&P, Midstream and Oil Services industries of the Energy sector. Maintain accurate historical financial data and current fundamental and financial forecasts for 15-20 companies. Publish written reviews on key news announcements and business developments that impact the financial and business outlook of the company and the fundamental investment case so as to assist buy-side investment professionals evaluate current and prospective investment opportunties. Establish and maintain commercial client relationships through written and verbal communications. Manage internal relationships and product that aligns with the firms franchise strategy and objectives. This position reports directly to the U.S. Head of Equity.
- U.S. equity research coverage: read industry and company specific studies and information, analyze financial results, economic data, business forecasts and maintain extensive financial models to use for purposes of forecasting business outlook and resulting financial projections and making industry and investment recommendations to institutional clients.
- Act as key client relationship contact in support of and in partnership with sales coverage on selected accounts. Coordinate and maintain client target lists with sales partners to ensure leverage on calling efforts and commercial client activities Work to understand institutional client voting and payment practices to ensure revenue maximization.
- Work with all sales and sales traders on desk to create the morning Daily mail and other regular and ad hoc content emails for either/both internal and external distribution. Consult with sales to share views and ideas on stocks and the market, and remain relevant to client interests and evolving industry trends and issues.
- Work with senior sales and Head of U.S. Equities on account management--gather information to fully understand clients, determine the best service model for client, customize services for client, and regularly get updates from client (and, in turn, update Nikko management) regarding the status of the relationship and how we can improve.
- Assist in the preparation for, scheduling and execution of Corporate Acccess activities, including quarterly expert/CEO calls, 1-2/quarter NDRs of key company targets and executives, as well as one annual mini seminar showcasing industry knowledge and expertise.
- 10+ years of experience
- BA/BS degree, or its equivalent
- Series 7, 63, 86/87
- Able to quickly learn and adapt to new processes and systems. Works well in a culturally diverse and team oriented environment. Demonstrates intellectual curiosity and an interest in continuous learning.
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills, ability to synthesize large amounts of information, analyze risk and identify mitigating factors.
- Self-driven and motivated; takes personal ownership of specific assignments.
- Highly collaborative and flexible in a team and client environment and ability to form good relationships internally and externally. Able to coordinate and communicate with various internal departments across the bank (middle/back office, global counterparts.)
- Ability to organize thoughts and clearly articulate points and provide summaries and explanations of transactions, verbally or in writing to management or other internal departments.
- Demonstrates a high degree of attention to detail and an ability to complete work accurately and in a timely manner against strict deadlines.