Provide leadership to a team of engineers, primarily focused on the support of SMBC’s Messaging environment. The Messaging Manager is responsible for ensuring the stable operation and maintenance of the entire messaging environment. This includes planning, developing, installing, configuring, maintaining, supporting, and improving Exchange, IBM Domino and other related systems. Should have extensive knowledge of web, collaboration and messaging systems including but not limited to Clearswift Secure Email, Blackberry Enterprise Server, eFax, EskerFax, iQ.Suite, PGP, IIS, MS Skype, Microsoft Teams for Business and DLP solutions. Should be knowledgeable in networking methods and implementation. Should understand and be able to interpret compliance and information security regulations as they pertain to IT in general and messaging and web services in particular.
Duties will include:
· Managing support rotas, scheduling resources and ensuring good quality in the delivery of both strategic projects and production support activities.
· Providing technical guidance and mentor-ship in Exchange, MS Office 365, IBM Lotus Domino a big plus
· Excellent technical understanding in other messaging related technologies, such as MimeSweeper, Edge & Watchdog, Microsoft Skype, Blackberry Enterprise Server, and SourceOne
· Interfacing to other resolver groups in both EMEA and North America and ensuring consistency in solution delivery.
· Contributing to the evolution of the banks technology infrastructure with a specific focus on operational excellence.
· Leading the delivery of projects within the NA & EMEA geography.
· Providing regular and timely reporting to the Global Head of Distributed Systems.
· Working closely with various teams located in EMEA and NA to synergise global infrastructure, processes and working practices.
· Developing and maintaining a strong working relationship with the banks Architecture & Engineering function. Ensuring smooth transition from project to operational status.
· Participates in the planning, implementation, testing and documentation of Technology Recovery Plans to support continuity objectives as defined by business and service managers.
· Annually reviews, updates and edits PPM for accuracy.
Management capabilities including talent recognition and development.
· Exposure to staff management including mentor-ship.
· Excellent exposure at hands on technical level to all tiers of Messaging technologies.
· Background in Financial Services/Banking strongly advantageous.
· Tenacious / self starter.
· Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
· Excellent knowledge of current developments and strategies in the IT industry.
· Outgoing and personable.
· Dynamic and able to deal with changing requirements
· An individual able to leverage project management methodology's and effectively manage multiple projects and tasks.
· An individual able to operate at both tactical and strategic levels.
· Customer focused, flexible and willing to take ownership of issues and projects.
· Strong attention to detail.
· Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills
· Strong professional presence and impact.