The Client Executive will support the Global Trade Finance businesses from our New York office focusing on global customers through the origination and identification of Trade Finance deals and clients to expand the Trade Finance business. The candidate will be required to (1) originate and identify Trade Finance deals and clients to expand Trade Finance business, (2) Negotiate and execute transactions and oversee the ongoing review of the portfolio, (3) Provide direction and guidance to junior staff, (4) Build relationships and collaborate with other members in the Global Trade Finance Teams, Corporate Banking departments, middle office, and back office, and (5) assist and in some cases, lead, in the development of new products for the department.
·Originate and identify new clients and opportunities and develop ideas that can be presented to deliver viable trade finance based solutions in order to meet certain revenue targets
· Negotiate terms and conditions with clients and manage execution process for trade finance related transactions
· Review term sheets for potential deals and clients, prepare presentation materials, and actively enhance quality of existing presentation materials and proposals
· Manage credit application and documentation process through the direction and guidance to analysts and associates in order to ensure appropriate quality and timeliness
- Manage New Product Approval process and ad hoc projects as the department looks to broaden its portfolio of product offerings
· Pro-actively ensure all compliance and risk guidelines are satisfied in transactions and the portfolio, manage risk through the documentation process and continually monitor projects to minimize and mitigate risk
-Minimum of 7-10+ years of work experience in the front office of a corporate bank, trade finance team, or treasury department.
- Bachelor's degree in finance, business, or accounting or equivalent education and training. MBA is a plus.
-Specific company contacts strongly desired
-Knowledge of Trade Finance Products such as Letters of Credit, Import/Export LCs, confirmations/discounting, Accounts Receivable and Supply Chain financing required
- Formal credit training and/or relevant graduate level coursework required
- Direct experience in Trade Finance product management a plus
- Strong understanding of banking systems and operational processes required
- Experience working internationally is a plus
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite; Word, Excel, PowerPoint