Business Analysis for Derivative Products Group with focus on data warehousing & reporting projects, support, and testing efforts
· Business analysis for strategic projects and enhancements. Typically involves using SQL to analyze large/complex datasets to understand business data, investigate issues, and present potential solutions
· Work with stakeholders, sponsors and management to understand and document business needs.
· Actively participate in senior management, business, and IT meetings. Capture and distribute effective meeting minutes
· Create functional and business requirements documents (FRDs and BRDs), as well as other supporting artifacts such as current and future system and business workflows, GUI, or report mock-ups. Conduct review sessions of artifacts and request approvals
· Organize and archive all project documentation into companywide repository.
· Liaise with in-house development team to design & build solutions.
· Document QA test plans and participate in QA testing (log and manage issues)
· Work with users to document UAT test plans. Manage UAT. Track defects & resolutions.
· Work with Technology and Business teams to document production implementation & validation plans
· Participate in production support and BAU enhancements of in-house developed business applications.
· Create end-user documentation and conduct training sessions on new functionality as needed.
· 2+ years of experience in Finance, Investment Banking or Securities Industry
· Experienced in client facing roles with the purpose of gathering and translating business requirements into technical/usable specifications for development
· Experienced in creating effective documentation such as BRDs and FSDs that are approved by the business and IT
· Experienced in using SQL on a day-to-day basis to analyze data and investigate issues
· Experienced in data warehousing and business intelligence concepts and tools (i.e. SSRS and PowerBI)
· Experienced in all facets of standard software development life cycle, including hands-on experience during the testing phase
· Familiarity with job functions, processes and trade life-cycle in derivatives trading a plus
· Basic understanding of components of regulation is a big plus: Capital Standards, Confirmations, Clearing, Portfolio Reconciliation, industry-standard Margining and Collateralization practices and/or Trade Repository Reporting
· Can-do positive attitude, focus on acquiring new skills and a hunger for learning systems and business
· Strong analytical, strategic thinking and problem solving skills. Flexible mindset.
· Ability to breakdown complex business problems and workflows into meaningful components that are understandable by various levels within the firms
· Desire to organize complex information and documentation in an effective manner that will benefit the team
· Desire to improve business functions and create strategic solutions
· Love of data. Ability to spot patterns, outliers and exceptions. Dig into the details, but also keep the big picture in mind.
· Great reconciliation skills. Hands-on experience with manual or automated testing environments.
· Strong verbal and written communication skills. Ease of working with others, in small/medium-sized teams.
· Exemplary work ethic with focus on meeting deadlines and objectives, going beyond.
· Ability to play an integral role in all project phases (end-to-end support and ownership)
· Good working knowledge of MS Excel, Word, PowerPoint, SharePoint, and Visio
· Bachelor's degree. Engineering, Information Systems, or Computer Science degrees preferred.