SMBC's Subscription Secured Finance Department ("SSFD"), is looking for an Associate to join its growing team. The Associate will provide analytical and administrative support to the senior level members of SSFD including completing credit applications, modeling and conducting administrative tasks as required. Our Subscription Secured Finance team is one of the market leaders in providing fund finance to Global Private Sponsors, managing lines of credit from origination to closing, as well as ongoing monitoring.
- Provide support in executing transactions from origination to closing including building and maintaining financial models
- Prepare credit applications, borrower rating applications, annual/quarterly client reviews
- Support due diligence processes, participate in day-to-day deal execution of deals and support the administrative activities of executing transactions
- Monitor and evaluate current events related to the SSFD sector
- Work with relationship manager to prepare pitch books related to client marketing
- Analyze corporate or project level financial statements to ascertain credit worthiness of borrowers and quality of collateral (if applicable).
- Work Experience: 2 to 5 years of related experience
- Experience at the Analyst level in a corporate banking group / financial institution preferred
- Education Required: BA / BS or its equivalent
- Preferred: MA / MS / MBA
- Software Systems / Programming Languages: Microsoft office, Word, Excel, Powerpoint
- Developed financial modeling/valuation and analytical skills.
- Knowledge of corporate finance and accounting and experience analyzing company financials.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrates a high degree of attention to detail and an ability to complete work accurately and in a timely manner against strict deadlines.
- Developed knowledge of applicable bank regulations