The Fixed Income Sales and Trading Team ("FIST") within SMBC Nikko Securities America, Inc. seeks to provide US investors with liquidity in fixed income products and support Sumitomo Mitsui Financial Group's origination efforts in the Americas. The Analyst provides analytical and administrative support to the senior members of the FIST Desk Analyst team who are responsible for analyzing various corporate credit sectors and supporting our primary efforts as well as secondary trading activity with investors. The Analyst will work closely with members of FIST and other departments to provide support on the analysis of assigned sectors, supporting our primary effort and providing liquidity to investors.
1. Support senior members of the team
2. Develop skills necessary to analyze companies and conduct credit analysis.
3. Assist in production of written commentary, statistical analysis, and financial models.
4. Cooperate with infrastructure groups and trading desk analytics as necessary.
5. Provide appropriate support of on-going client dialogue.
6. Lean and utilize a variety of internal IT systems and software platforms, including Excel, Word, Powerpoint and Bloomberg Analytics.
7. Undertake research and analytics related to specific sectors and/or regions and stay abreast of current market conditions.
8. Provide ad hoc reports for management.
The successful candidate will possess or demonstrate the following personal and professional attributes:
- Bachelors' degree from an accredited university or its equivalent training.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills with specific ability to communicate concepts and ideas concisely and defend their validity
- Financial modeling/valuation; fluid with numbers and statistical concepts
- Analytical skills
- Ability to comfortably interact with clients in a professional and mature manner
- Outstanding ethics, integrity and judgment
- Intellectual curiosity and learning agility
- Comfort in and commitment to strong teamwork environment
- Highly organized, detail oriented and proactive
- Excellent technology skills with superior Excel and PowerPoint skills and ability to quickly learn new software applications