SMBC is seeking five Loan Administrators to work in our White Plains location. Support an agented portfolio whereby SMBC is the Administrative, Collateral, and/or Depositary agent in the Agency Services Department in the Middle/Back Office. Support a portfolio of loans, ability to read and interpret credit agreements, support software processes, has an understanding of Loan IQ, and can communicate via telephone with a variety of people including customers, banks, and client executives.
Primary Responsibility: Agency Services (White Plains - Servicing)
Accurately process new drawdowns, paydowns, LC activities and fees for syndicated and bilateral deals.
Provide our lending services to our customers and maintain accurate data
Coordinate daily funding requirements with Treasury Desk for managed loan portfolio.
Support Treasury Desk and its’ daily requirement to accurately manage its cash and funded positions.
Complete coordination, review, and system (LIQ) input of assigned new deals and amendments
Ensure banks books accurately reflect the intentions of the credit agreement and credit approval
All past-due principal interest and fees are reported, followed up on, and ultimately collected
Ensure all monies due and payable to the bank are collected and/or reconciled
Complete assigned projects generally to address workflow or business related matters
Adhere to internal and external regulatory policies and procedures
Preferred Previous Work Experience:
· Minimum of 2-3 years of experience in loan administration and managing bilateral and syndicated deals
· Project management skills
· Highly organized approach in meeting job requirements
· Follows instructions very well; detail-oriented
· Team-oriented; willingness back-up and cross-train on all departmental functions
· Strong communication, both orally and in writing
· Experienced in effective communication with external and internal customers; has experience interfacing with
relationship managers, customers, and other related departments
· Four-year college degree with a minimum of 2-3 years in banking
· Strong knowledge of LIQ preferred, but not required
Other Skills, Abilities and/or Training:
· Strong or expert knowledge of MS Excel and MS Word
· Interpret credit agreements and related documentation
· Experienced in varieties of loan servicing including all aspects of funding
· Follow instructions very well; detail-oriented
· Understand all aspects of deal/loan administration functions and tasks
· System Responsibilities
· Use of LIQ preferred, but not required, or like loan system
· Construct and amend bilateral and syndicated deal structures
· Trouble-shoot basic loan related functional problems/issues